A Brief History

 

Our congregation first met in Rockland for worship, prayer and praise in October, 1885. This was also the year that the “Town Father” of Rockland, William Edwards, married Catherine Wilson of Cumberland who later, in 1901, laid the cornerstone for Rockland Presbyterian Church. The first service in the new church took place in October of 1902.

The contributions of Mr. and Mrs. Edwards had made the building of the church possible and we have always been blessed with members and friends who have contributed to the maintenance and development of our house of God.

Pangborn Hall was added to the church building in the year 2000 and

Read more: A Brief History