Whether we gather on Sundays or not, our financial obligations continue. Here are a couple of ways that you can continue to support the Church even if you are not able to attend Worship Services.
- We now can accept Interac E-transfers. for instructions see below. (This costs us no fees)
- You can donate, once or monthly, through Paypal (with or without a PayPal account) (This costs us only 1.6%+ 30cents)
- Postdated cheques to be held by the treasurer and processed on the dates supplied.
For any of these options, consider making a Monthly offering instead of a weekly one.
Instructions for Interac E- Transfers:
Simple Instructions: (if you already make other payments this way)
- Security Question: anything you want
- Secret Word: Offering
- Message: you can indicate how much of the offering goes to Missions, by default we will credit the rest to Regular Operations.
Complete instructions: (Each bank will have a slightly different process. This describes the process for Simplii.)
- sign in to your online banking page
- select "Interac E-Transfers" from the menu
- If you have never used E-Transfers before you may need to enter your "profile"- giving your full name and your email address
- choose Add Contact (you only need to do this the first time)
- fill in Name: St Andrews Church
- Notify by: email
- click Continue
- Your bank may want to confirm your identity at this point by sending a text code to your phone or email.
- follow their prompts, until you have confirmed the Contact information you entered
- Click send Money
- Select the St Andrews Contact you previously entered
- Enter an amount to send.
- Select the Bank account you are taking the money from.
- in the Message part you can enter something like Local Missions $20, or 50% to Guatemala Mission, or $30 benevolent. any undesignated gift will be put in Operations.
- click Continue again.
- The next page asks to create a security question, unless the recipient is set up to automatically receive eTransfers.
- At this time the security question can be anything "What am sending?" will work.
- the security answer/ password should be 'Offering' which you will enter a second time to confirm.
- When you press confirm the money is sent.
- Jane will get an email from interac saying "An interac E-transfer from PROFILE NAME has been sent. and she'll take it from there.
- Optional - if you don't know if we have your address information, send a separate email to treasurer@rockland church with your postal address, so we can send you your tax receipt at year's end.