St. Andrew's urges all people everywhere, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " Php 4:6–7. Don't panic! if you feel the need stay at home, make every effort to keep lively social interaction by phone and internet. Do not stay isolated and fretting!
Have you got our Easter Newsletter? <--Click here
The novel Coronavirus is spreading and affecting many aspects of our life. We will be live streaming our Worship each Sunday. Live Worship and past services can be seen at www.rocklandchurch.ca/LW.
- Our Palm Sunday Dinner is cancelled,
- the Awana children's program will not hold meetings until the schools are open again. We hope to arrange to help children continue to earn their memory badges by testing over video links and telephone during the time we would normally meet. Amanda Raymond will communicate the details by email.
- Our Pastoral care team is gearing up to keep in contact with our congregation, particularly the elderly and vulnerable, by phone and email, we will do our best to support those who will need to self isolate either because of infection or to avoid it.
- Our treasurer is looking for ways to enable you to continue your financial support if our gatherings are suspended. She writes this note:
- Whether we are here on Sundays or not, our financial obligations continue. Here are a couple of ways that you can continue to support the Church even if you are not able to attend Worship Services.
- UCC PAR; this is an automatic payment system operated by the United Church on behalf of Congregations. The payments come out of your bank account on the 20th of every month and changes can be made whenever you want. All changes must be submitted by the 10th of the month for it to be effective that month. Forms are available and Jane will help you fill them in.
- Postdated cheques to be held by the treasurer and processed on the dates supplied.
- Make a Monthly offering instead of a weekly one.
- We now can accept Interac E-transfers. for instructions click here
- Thank you ,Jane Cooper, Treasurer